APRIL 21 – 24, 2022 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP COMPETITION
Please read the IDA’s latest statement on the Coronavirus HERE.
We encourage all of our members to refer to the CDC website for up-to-date information on the Coronavirus, including prevention measures and personal care recommendations.
Site and Hotel Information
Virginia Horse Center
Hosted by the IDA Board
487 Maury River Road, Lexington, Virginia 24450‐3374
Friday, April 22
11:30 a.m. – Dressage Seat Equitation Finals
2:00 – 3:00 p.m.- USDF Quiz Challenge
5:30 p.m. – Banquet and Annual Meeting. Appomattox Mezzanine, VHC
Ticketed event, advance registrations required.
Saturday, April 23
8:00 a.m. – Opening Ceremonies followed by Individual Championships
Sunday, April 24
7:15 a.m. – Team Draw followed by team competition
Hotels in the surrounding areas include:
Virginia Horse Center – Comfort Inn
Ask for the Intercollegiate Dressage Association block
Cutoff date: 3/22/22
95 Maury River Rd. Lexington, VA 24450
Ask for IDA block
Cut-off date 3/15/22
Howard Johnson Inn, Lexington VA
Ask for IDA Block
Cancellation date 4/19/22
Holiday Inn Express, Lexington VA
Ask for IDA Block
Cutoff date 3/21/22
Nationals 2022 Prize List Coming Soon!
USDF/IDA Quiz Challenge
USDF and IDA are proud to bring you the IDA Quiz Challenge for the seventh year!
Membership and Quiz Challenge Registration
Membership Requirement: Participants in the Quiz Challenge must be USDF members. This membership can be a Participating Membership, a Group Member Organization (GMO) Membership, or an Education Membership. Your membership must be current from when you register until the conclusion of the Quiz Challenge.
- This membership must be in place in order to register for the Quiz Challenge.
- Go here https://www.usdf.org/join/ to join or to renew your USDF membership.
- If you are over 21 and you want to do the Education Membership, please email your request to Christina Westfall at [email protected] to receive the $10.00 youth education membership rate.
Registration: Online registration for the quiz challenge can be found on this page: https://www.usdf.org/education/quiz_challenge.asp. You must be logged in to your USDF account in order to access the registration button. The final day to enter is March 3.
- Once your entry has been processed, you will receive an email with further information regarding how the 2022 Quiz Challenge will be administered.
- Coaches will be sent an email listing all registered participants from their school on March 4th.
Quiz Challenge Round 1
- The first round of the quiz challenge will open on March 7 and close on March 21 at midnight.
- Round one will focus on information from the USEF Dressage Rulebook and the following in-depth studies on https://www.usdf.org/education/university/kb/courses/indepth.asp:
- Classical Training: https://www.usdf.org/education/university/kb/course.asp?ID=1812
- Riders Aids: https://www.usdf.org/education/university/kb/course.asp?ID=1810
- Seat and Position: https://www.usdf.org/education/university/kb/course.asp?ID=1814
- Pyramid of Training: https://www.usdf.org/education/university/kb/item.asp?ID=2310&q=pyramid%20of%20training
- The results of Round One will be announced on April 1st.
ROUND 1 OF THE QUIZ WILL BE ONLINE, BUT IN A MONITORED SITUATION
- The coach (or other school authority) will set a day/time that their team will take the quiz together, in one location, in a monitored situation.
- The coach will send an email to the USDF Youth Programs Liaison ([email protected]) informing her of the date/time the team took the quiz, and will include a list of the names of those team members participating.
- The quiz results “date stamp” will be verified against that list.
Championship Round at IDA Nationals
The top five (5) riders from each level of the Round 1 competition will move to the Championship Round to be held at the IDA National Championships on Friday, April 22 from 2-3 p.m. at The Virginia Horse Center, Lexington VA.
2022 Grand Prize
The grand prize winner of the 2022 USDF/IDA National Quiz Challenge will receive the opportunity to attend 2023 USDF Young Rider Graduate program. For more information on the program, please visit https://usdf.org/education/other-programs/yr-graduate/index.asp.