2022 USDF/IDA Quiz Challenge
Membership and Quiz Challenge Registration
Membership Requirement: Participants in the Quiz Challenge must be USDF members. This membership can be a Participating Membership, a Group Member Organization (GMO) Membership, or an Education Membership. Your membership must be current from when you register until the conclusion of the Quiz Challenge.
• This membership must be in place in order to register for the Quiz Challenge.
• Go here https://www.usdf.org/join/ to join or to renew your USDF membership.
• If you are over 21 and you want to do the Education Membership, please email your request to Christina Westfall at [email protected] to receive the $10.00 youth education membership rate.
- Once your entry has been processed, you will receive an email with further information regarding how the 2022 Quiz Challenge will be administered.
- Coaches will be sent an email listing all registered participants from their school on March 4th.
Quiz Challenge Round 1
- The first round of the quiz challenge will open on March 7 and close on March 21 at midnight.
- Round one will focus on information from the USEF Dressage Rulebook and the following in-depth studies on https://www.usdf.org/education/university/kb/courses/indepth.asp:
- Classical Training: https://www.usdf.org/education/university/kb/course.asp?ID=1812
- Riders Aids: https://www.usdf.org/education/university/kb/course.asp?ID=1810
- Seat and Position: https://www.usdf.org/education/university/kb/course.asp?ID=1814
- Pyramid of Training: https://www.usdf.org/education/university/kb/item.asp?ID=2310&q=pyramid%20of%20training
- The results of Round One will be announced on April 1st.
Round 1 of the quiz will be online, but in a monitored situation
- The coach (or other school authority) will set a day/time that their team will take the quiz together, in one location, in a monitored situation.
- The coach will send an email to the USDF Youth Programs Liaison ([email protected]) informing her of the date/time the team took the quiz, and will include a list of the names of those team members participating.
- The quiz results “date stamp” will be verified against that list.
Championship Round at IDA Nationals
The top five (5) riders from each level of the Round 1 competition will move to the Championship Round to be held at the IDA National Championships on Friday, April 22 from 2-3 p.m. at The Virginia Horse Center, Lexington VA.
2022 Grand Prize: The grand prize winner of the 2022 USDF/IDA National Quiz Challenge will receive the opportunity to attend 2023 USDF Young Rider Graduate program. For more information on the program, please visit https://usdf.org/education/other-programs/yr-graduate/index.asp.